We can’t believe we’re a month into spring already and it’s Michael’s favourite time of the year! The sun is out, the soil’s warm, the plants are moving and therefore there are a few jobs he’s picked out for you to do in the garden over the next few weeks.
- Prepare garden beds for planting, pull out the weeds, dig in organic compost, rake over and you’re ready to plant out.
- Prune after plants have flowered. Always prune to an outward going shoot and you can’t go wrong. You won’t upset the tree, and use a nice clean pair of secateurs always.
- Give indoor plants some love! Take them outside out of the sun, dust them down and give them a feed. Re-pot them if necessary and way they go for another 12 months.
- Sow seeds like tomatoes, radishes, beetroot and cucumbers.
- And Fertilise, fertilise, fertilise! If you’re unsure what to feed your plants with pop into your local garden center and they can explain what to use but if all that’s too hard simply use a very good pelletized organic fertilizer you can’t go wrong.