To Roast the Chickpeas
- Drain a can of chickpeas, add pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil, and mix
- Line baking tray with baking paper – put chickpeas into oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until they are crunchy. Stir in dried oregano.
To make the Dressing
- In a bowl – roughly chop some fresh oregano, grate one garlic clove, add the juice of half a lemon, and a generous splash of olive oil. Then mix and put to one side.
To make the Salad
- Roughly chop a Lebanese cucumber
- Punnet of heirloom tomatoes
- Finely slice half a red onion
- A cup of Kalamata olives
On the BBQ
- Cut Halloumi and Watermelon into wedges and cover in extra-virgin olive oil – then grill on a hot BBQ until you get char marks on each side.
To plate up
- Put salad onto a platter and put watermelon and halloumi on top
- Spoon on dressing – sprinkle on roasted chickpeas – add fresh basil on top for freshness.